Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Novel


I've been working steadily on my novel. This week my protagonist pushed her husband into their swimming pool and that felt goooood. Then things got tough for her. A breakdown of sorts. It was hard to write it. Today she is using her talents. But she's still in a lot of trouble.
I respect the process of writing immensely. I don't really understand it. It's a bit frightening at times. I've been working on this book for a few years. (Sporadically, at first). I'm in the second draft now. The first draft was written before Mr. Ex broke up our marriage. And now things are getting weird. I wrote scenes back then where the protagonist was packing up her house and moving out. Her husband was more or less kicking her out-- forcing her to go, and now I'm wondering what my sub-conscious was saying to me and how I knew it.

photo credit: lawofabundant attraction.com

No comments: