Wednesday, February 21, 2018

State of the State of Margaritaville



Yesterday it was  a day of bureaucratic malfunction: Three hours on the phone with 4 different IRS departments (to no avail), a postcard claiming I ignored my jury service (nope, never got the summons), and a mysterious email from the HOA about an emergency executive board meeting with the association's attorney (uh-oh, please no--not another HOA embezzlement!) And no, the HOA can't give out any more information at this time. I asked myself if  it is really true that for much of the last decade I have been engaged in some kind of battle. That's how I felt.  I think we all feel like that, right?

Then there are the rippling days where there's enough happening, but it's good stuff.

 
And days when at first you think that something's caught on fire again, but really it's just the sunset.

Or days when there's plenty of wind to soar, but not enough to blow you away.


There's so much that's horrible and wrong with so many things in our country right now. I feel the ache of it at the first glimpse of the morning's newspapers every single day.

Still, I'm happy for the good things. If you think this is a wonderful place, text Y for yes.


No comments: