Monday, March 16, 2020

Leaving Coronaville/Day 3


I am most definitely not in my pajamas as I write this. I think I'm putting this selfie up to remind myself NOT to get into my pajamas. Not during the day, I mean. Back when this place was called Pillville--and even way back when it was called Divorceville/Margaritaville there was a whole lot of pajama wearing going on. I recall a particular evening when, as my mom sat at the dining room table with her martini, I bought three pairs of my favorite brand of p.j.s online. Dan had already died by then, and I thought maybe I could just pretty much live in pajamas.
So far the year 2020, my self-proclaimed great year of travel, has seen three cancelled trips. Other than that, I'm doing what I do. Writing, learning to make art (totally from the confines of home now that all my book arts classes are cancelled. )
On my to do list:
Subscribe to the two local small theatre companies that I adore.
Give to a food pantry.
Establish a routine and really let it do the good things that routines do.
Favorite thing to do during a pandemic: Shower.
Pandemic goal: Learn to draw.

first drawings
I think I'm going to use my last handmade book (Japanese stab binding) as a sketch book.

Gratitude to all governors, mayors, health care workers of all kinds, grocery clerks, first responders. 

So, how are you doing today?  I'd love to hear. 


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm teaching my students virtually and taking care of Sophie, so there's enough structure in my day to keep going. I reserve my mindless worry and anxiety to the early morning hours.

Julesarose said...

Trying to relax and enjoy the unexpected time off: not working from home, art projects with my live-in 5 year old grand-daughter, walking the dog, eating nice food (not too much) binge watching "Death in Paradise", taking it one day/sometimes one hour at a time. Dealing with anxiety when it pops up by remembering the words of Julian of Norwich: All shall be well, all shall be well...For there is a force of love moving through the universe that holds us fast and will never let us go."