Thursday, March 11, 2021

You can't always get what you want


This squirrel wants birdseed. 

I want some more years of alimony. 

Neither is going to happen. 

My bird feeder is a Brome Squirrel Buster Plus. The Ferrari of bird feeders.

As for the alimony, once upon a time it, too, was pretty high-powered. Now it's sitting in the junkyard. 

I'm okay with it. Really. (No, this blog has not been hacked. It's me. Denise. The person who ranted all through her 41/2 year divorce proceedings and beyond.)  I'm glad I bought the spendy bird feeder before the Ferrari ran off the road. 

And here is a postcard from Divorceville (No, it wasn't a wonderful time and  I don't wish you were here.)

Expulsion (5x7 original collage with magazine papers, handpainted paper, and construction paper)




2 comments:

Julesarose said...

This is one of my favorites (so far): the apple, the woman and the black spiral are all evocative beyond words. And as for the ex husband, well, we all get what is coming to us.

Mildred Ratched said...

I'm here to attest to the fact that there is life after divorce. I've been single since the late 90's and although people always ask me as if being single is a defect, why I'm single. I always tell them it's strictly by choice and I found out it's much nicer and a lot easier being alone than it is to be with the wrong person.