Saturday, December 18, 2021

Comfort and joy to you

And how about some joy to the world while we're at it? Oh, wait. Yeah. Supply chain. Well, I have a Christmas tree inside and another one outside. I look at those lights a lot.
I settled on my New Year's resolutions today. 1) Be excedingly polite to everyone I encounter. 2) Walk every single day in January, no matter the temperature.
I will not follow this trail out onto Lake Harriet, but I am lucky to live in such a beautiful place with a lovely creek that leads to the lake, and I will walk, even if it's so cold I can only go a little ways. I actually love winter if I don't have to drive in it. And I've made up with my Yak Traks, which last year I thought didn't provide quite enough traction. Somehow I feel very secure in them now.
Hope you're feeling secure in some way, dear reader. I hope there's joy in your world and comfort too. Let your light shine.
Here's a poem I heard yesterday. https://onbeing.org/programs/danez-smith-im-going-back-to-minnesota-where-sadness-makes-sense/

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love the white tree and the snow people. Are the snowflakes on the big tree the ones your mother crocheted? I seem to remember that, but memory is frequently mistaken. They look festive on the tree.
Minnesota gets the real cold, Spokane is tolerable cold, so far. We're still outfitting for the winter, having avoided cold weather for so long.