Monday, December 28, 2009

So This Was Christmas

Christmas Eve dinner for four. Clean-up left until the next morning. "I know you're probably thinking someone has kidnapped your real mother," I told my daughter when we walked away from the mess smiling.

Then with Christmas morning light edging the window shade and me still in bed full of love and cake, I woke to a clatter in the kitchen. The man who loves me had cleaned up the entire mess.
Do I want my old life back? Oh no. For a million reasons, no.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! Keep going.

Kath said...

You, who have always given sweet surprises, so deserve to get them back. Hooray for you, getting what you want out of your life.

Anonymous said...

Love this post.
Love your new life.
Love you.

One of your biggest fans...