Saturday, November 4, 2017

Overheard in the streets of Oaxaca

Two acquaintances or old friends  run into one another on the street and exchange greetings. I can't talk long, she says, I've got get to my class.
Oh, you're studying Spanish again, he says.
Yeah, but my Spanish still sucks, she says.
Mine too, he says, but I don't go hungry.

squash soup

street food/fresh made tortillas with Oaxacan cheese and pumpkin flowers


sopa azteca

shrimp with mole negro and tamarind

I didn't really come here to eat. I came for Day of the Dead and to create a piece of art as an homage to my mother. Somehow I did manage to do those things in between eating these beautiful meals.

3 comments:

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Greetings from the UK. The meals look lovely!

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Ms. Moon said...

And I've enjoyed the posts so much!

Unknown said...

I do have a blog, but I've semi deserted it. You, however, I have followed for quite some time - through your lover's illness and your mom's demise. Now, your spirit is lighter. Your voice is clearer, filled with joy. And you bring us these uplifting Day of the Dead images. Thank you!