Friday, December 8, 2017

The Fire/Day Five

Things are improved today. The water in the marina is rippling ever so slightly the other way--meaning the wind is shifting, and there's now a whisper of a breeze off the ocean. A couple friends are returning home. A couple are still under evacuation orders. Mind you the fire is still burning. And there are five other fires in Southern California.

The smoke is intense. I'm staying in doors. The masks I ordered from Amazon arrived around noon. For a while today I wore it inside my house. Later this afternoon I was lucky enough to get an air filter installed. What a boon it would be if some agency or another could pass those things out. Some area hotels are offering free rooms or discounts for evacuees.

Yesterday afternoon's smoke cloud arriving .

Today the smoke is everywhere. There is no blue sky. From here on out though, I think things will get better. Thanks for checking in. I'm okay. Breathing easy. 

No comments: