Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sunday Morning Beach Report



Who has time to walk on the beach anymore when gluing one's self to the news seems the most important thing to do? Somewhere in the distance there must be someone or something that can save us. Or so we hope. And hope. And hope. And we are doing things to support those hopes. But still.


We can't see the forest for the trees most days. This story. That story. Personally, I'm obsessed with Paul Manafort. I keep going to the website of the institution where he is jailed to check and re-check that he's still inside.

Meanwhile there is a place called Santa Cruz Island. I'm training to lead hikes there. On this island where there is no cable TV, there is the Channel Islands Fox. This fox is an island dwarf that does not exist outside of the Channel Islands. Smaller than a regular fox--a mere four pounds or so--due to it's fluffiness it appears to be the size of a house cat. There. I hope I've transported you to somewhere else for a moment. Let us ponder how things can get smaller when everything else looms large.



And when things loom large, perhaps we should think of this.


In any event,"my" beach looked like this today.


I hope you are well. Sending love.


3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Sending love back. I think you are doing a splendid thing here.

Kath said...

Sending many buckets of love back to you, and so glad you make time for the Beach Report. You are in my heart, especially in these weird times. Love, Kath

Mel said...

Your photos and words are beautiful and therapeutic. Thank you for the lovely perspective. Let's hope there's always somewhere lovely to get away to. And the fox is adorable, great capture. Love back at you.