Monday, August 30, 2010

Show Me the Money


It's hard to believe, but more that three years after Mr.Ex dumped me for the gal with the shoes, it seems that he and I have succeeded in dividing 2 of our joint assets. He signed. I signed. A document came back from the court with the marvelous phrase, "IT IS SO ORDERED." There's a date stamp and a judge's signature stamp.
Now show me the money.
And dare I say, it's time to get on with dividing the rest of it?  NOW.
It's interesting to ponder how differently I might have felt about Mr. Ex if our division of joint assets had been handled without the foot-dragging and the dispensing of 50 grand in attorney's fees. I might have felt...oh..I dunno...like some year I could sing Auld Lang Syne while spilling some champagne on his pants and then let by-gones be by-gones. As it stands right now, I don't think I'm going to give Mr. Ex the lovely present I bought for him the day I got the email from my attorney notifying me that Mr. Ex was feeling somewhat cooperative.




The man who loves me and I have already dipped into it.



And we liked it.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm speechless. Pour me a glass.

stephanie said...

Small victories are still victories.

My Gal (Monday) Tuesday said...

Hoozah! Hoozah! Mmmm....Lambic's. That used to be one of my favorites when I could still drink it. I am happy for you, and am raising a symbolic margarita glass right now. After all, it is a Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

NOTHING is what he'd get from me! I do agree that it would have been nice to be able to remember the good times and let go of the nasty bit at the end. What a shame that in the end money and control have been at the forefront of his decisions.

By the way, " the man who loves me " has very nice forearms ... have we seen the rest of him and I've missed it? If not, may we see the rest of him?

I'm glad to hear some things are being settled.