Monday, March 23, 2020

Art in Coronaville/ day # whatever


Looking through the window into my favorite coffee shop

I went out just to look in the windows at Minnesota Center for Book Arts and Loft Literary Center. The coffee shop that's part of the complex, patronized by artists and writers, was my home away from home before the virus. Washington Avenue this evening was devoid of pedestrians (unlike the park or the Stone Arch Bridge which was probably again thronged with pedestrians, joggers, runners in groups of two, three, and four--WTF Minneapolis?) 

Anyway, there's alway a window devoted to a large piece of art at MCBA. You remember art exhibits, right?



It was very satisfying to stand at the window and read the artist's statement. "Histories are written by people," she says, and "histories are not set in stone--they can always be re-written." 

We are writing and re writing the history of the coronavirus every day. It's a tragic story, and I'm feeling grumpy about it today. How are you feeling?

The window of the gift store at MCBA

Minneapolis--as beautiful as ever.
xo

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm feeling very grumpy -- enraged, really, at the piece of shit who leads us.

Ms. Moon said...

I just woke up. Slept too late and had BAD dreams. So I, like Elizabeth, am angry. I have no real focus for that anger. I can't blame the Asshole in Chief. He didn't make the virus, he's just making it worse. Okay. I'll blame him.
I'm about to go take preteen chickens to live outside. This is big excitement around here.
Hang in there, honey. We all must.

Allison said...

I'm feeling cheated. I don't have that many years left, and I am not happy about how I'm living now. No one is, it's not special to me and I know that. We had planned a big road trip for this summer. Montgomery AL to see the lynching museum, up the coast to go to the Natural History museum, into the north east, on to Chicago and Minneapolis. You've piqued my interest in your home town. But now we will do none of that.

Julesarose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julesarose said...

Just ate my daily ration of chocolate, a bit earlier than usual, so I'm feeling great in spite of the current shelter in place order. Just started a fire in the backyard and planning a drive to pike island after lunch. One day at a time.