Friday, June 25, 2010

This Is Awkward

I am not suicidal.
I'm not even depressed.
I'm saturated with love, and  moonlight and cricket-song are seeping into my window.
But I've been pacing and thinking before  burrowing into my bed with my purring laptop.
Suppose tomorrow or the next day I get distracted while crossing a street and clumsily stumble in front of a bus or just clumsily stumble on my black granite stairs or get bit by a spider or slip in the shower.
I want to be cremated.
No Catholic Mass. Don't bury the ashes.
Ashes in Paris. Ashes in the Aegean. Ashes in the Mississippi.
Have a party. Drink gin.
Thanks.
I still have my old will where Mr. Ex gets everything. Probably that's not enforceable now. I hope.
I'll work on changing that but meanwhile let this post serve as official word that he should have nothing.
And he can't come to the party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you can have more witnesses to your wishes than you do now.

Elizabeth said...

How did I miss this post? I'm a witness and you'd better believe I'll help to make it happen should it happen before me.

I've always wanted to do this.