Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Tuesday Morning Beach Report: First Day of Summer


The crowds arrive! I've always wondered about these meetings of gulls. Dozens more arrived as if there was an appointed time and place for a big meeting.
Where are all the humans?



Looking towards Ventura, not a soul on the beach.


Looking toward the harbor, a lone beach walker.


Then just as I was leaving, this happened. A crowd of middle schoolers, struggling to set up beach umbrellas in the stiff wind. Flying projectile alert on Hollywood Beach today. Don't get stabbed by a beach umbrella.
Oh, and god bless the chaperones.

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

I swear- the gulls pre-arrange meetings. And if you'll notice, there usually seems to be one who is addressing the crowd. I have been observing this my entire life and that's the only explanation I have.