Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Inside and Out


Last night's sunset looked like a scene from a disaster movie. Empty streets. Blood red sky.


But inside on the kitchen island there are tulips because I pre-ordered and pre-paid for them at the neighborhood farmers' market and simply had to sweep by and scoop up the wrapper with my name on it.


This is the not close-up version with the kitchen island devoted to making hand-marbled paper book covers. I think I will post a picture soon of all the journals I've made. I think of them as Corona diaries. If you want one, you can private message me, saying which one. Some are very tiny, and I imagine them as "It's the little things" records of what has gotten you through this so far....or what is destroying you. Of course as much as I would like to send these things I've made to you, it means I have to go to the post office. Sigh. (see previous post) I hope to have the full array displayed in the next blog post.

My anxiety is better today. (How's yours?) Probably because I have not put on a mask in an attempt to go out. I had a lovely chat with a friend today wherein I explained that having been nearly strangled to death by an acquaintance decades ago, I don't do well with my mouth and nose covered, or the feeling that my air supply is restricted.


A couple of days ago as I was talking on the phone with my younger daughter M., I was describing to her the shape of the plant stand I wanted for my balcony (plants are super important to me right now) and she emailed me a photo of one from Target which turned out to be perfect. I ordered it online and it arrived in our building's package room a day later. I was going to live the big city life--one token plant on the balcony. Now I want more, more, more.

There's so much to do in any given day. How was your day? xo

4 comments:

Allison said...

That is an excellent plant stand, I love that. Our number of blooming plants is limited to what we can carry in to the house every single night because the damn rabbits eat all of the blossoms, and if it's not them it's the deer, and if it's not rabbits or deer, it's javelinas. We're in a critter rich environment. We're bored, and afraid of food shortages, and wondering what we will do all day during the summer.

Unknown said...

I love the plant stand. Even the dimensions make it align perfectly with the railing! How beautiful! Love your posts.

My life so far said...

I'm off today so I cleaned the house and took my grandson for his one year shots. After lunch I'll take the dog for a long walk. The tulips are beautiful and the balcony will look beautiful with the plant stand overflowing with annuals.

Julesarose said...

The first tulip in my back garden bloomed today!