Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Drink in the Land of the Parched.

Rejection has been the lay of the land lately. Not personally, but in my writing life. "Thank you very much...but no." Which is kind of personal. Mostly my way of dealing with this is to go wholeheartedly into the disappointment and then forget about it as best I can. So I was really thrilled when I got a "We are very pleased to let you know...." email the other morning. I have a short piece that's been accepted to the Mom Egg literary journal & it will be coming out in May. I wrote this piece in May of 2009 while I was taking a writing/hiking trip in Greece. I'm going on that trip with AstraGreece again this spring. This year we will go to the island of Naxos. There are words taking shape inside me right now that will emerge there. I can't wait to meet them.  http://writersconf.org/memdir/members/I00020.php
I believe there are still one or two spaces available.

No comments: