Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Joy Of


"You want it. You know you do," I said to the man who loves me as we lay in bed last Saturday afternoon. He took an earlier train, and after grabbing a bite at the local fish place and lingering over coffee, we took to my bed fully clothed. What have you been reading, what have you been cooking, we asked one another. Stuffed peppers, I said. Meat loaf, I said--at which point I took the liberty of divining his desires.

I'm a little bored with my cooking life, at this point. I need to try new things. But why is my quiche crust often soggy?  Will my next meat loaf hold together better if I knead it longer? And as delicious as the rhubarb custard pie is.....well, why is it a tad bit runny? I've not yet perfected the old things, so it's hard to move on to the new.

For those of you who asked, here is the rhubarb custard pie recipe. It's from the Joy of Cooking.


1 comment: