Friday, September 14, 2012

If you can't stand the heat, come to my kitchen.


The world seems to be burning down. Foreign embassies, the hills around Los Angeles. Great sheets of ice are melting. But in here in Ventura County, the sea breezes blow through my kitchen. It's downright chilly for the unacclimated.

I cooked and baked much of the day today in preparation for my mom's birthday gathering tomorrow, but my mom kept her long underwear on, and M did her reading under a blanket on the couch.



The menu for tomorrow:

Marinated Pasta Salad
Rice and Vegetable Salad
Fruit Salad
Green Bean Salad
Warm French Bread/Butter
Carrot Cake

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martinis may be missing from that menu, but I'm sure they won't be absent from the celebration. Happy birthday to Ethel, and many more!

Ms. Moon said...

Ah. Sounds like you've got it covered, lady. Look at all y'all, being beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hope your mum has a lovely birthday.