Saturday, March 23, 2013

Saturday Morning Encounter with The Dude



No. Not Jeff Bridges. The Dude.

I'm crossing the street heading for the sand. Oh, my. I must stop for the speeding bicyclist. I  take a step. Oh, dear. Here comes a truck. He does not stop for the gray-haired women in her flip-flops.

Across the street from me is The Dude. Ambling. In his Hawaiian shirt. He looks at me.

"Did you think I might not make it?" I ask.

"These people need to slooow down," he says. "They neeeeeed to take it easy."

I almost asked him out for a white Russian.

5 comments:

Birdie said...

Oh, man! You should have asked him out! I suggest you go back and try to find him.

Lauren Ward Larsen said...

Duuuuuuude.

Ms. Moon said...

We would all abide better were we to sloooow down.

Andrea said...

Why I am still not getting this posts after subscribing and verifying and resubscribing, etc., is a mystery, but just to chime in here I am saying too that there is a time and a place for the Dude.

Alberta Art Classes said...

Maybe he was a really cool angel...