Saturday, January 25, 2014

How to Heal


First this happened.


And yesterday, after nine days in the hospital, this. Welcome home committee included Piper, the ancient cat.

Tonight there was even a little music.


The daughter of the man who loves me is staying here, too--and that has been the silver lining--getting to know her a bit. Today she slept and rested most of the day. The relief crash. I'm feeling it, too. The sweet slowdown. The knowing (as much as we can know) that this will all be okay.

We are all burrowed in. Heads full of song. Bellies full of meatloaf. Present full of wellness.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Such goodness! I can see the rays of love and healing. I am so glad. So very, very glad. May all continue to be well.

My life so far said...

That photo of the two of you, beyond beautiful. Take care.

Allison said...

The couch looks like a perfect place for recovery. It's good to be home.

A said...

That is indeed how to heal. One of the most important things in the world.

Suz said...

May your home be filled with love and healing

Elizabeth said...

I'm sure you realize how beautiful that photo is of you and The Man Who Loves You -- just radiant. I can't imagine he could do anything but heal with that sort of beautiful woman right next to him!