Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Numbers

It's just a couple of weeks short of two years since my husband of 30 years left me for a 34-year-old with a single-digit dress size and expensive taste in shoes.  14 months later they were married.  4 1/2 weeks after the wedding I finally began getting my temporary alimony.  5 months after that he changed his mind about his bonuses and said he'd consent to giving me 40 % and he'd reimburse me for my grad school tuition (I put him through law school.)  But he has yet to come up with the numbers we need to divide our community property and finalize my spousal support.  I asked for the information required 9 days ago and since then I've emailed him a couple more times.  But I've got zero in the answer department.  In 6 weeks his new baby will arrive. How much longer do I have to wait until I can say this is over?

1 comment:

Jules said...

Well, there goes the single digit dress size,
and those shoes will never fit again.
That's all history, it's just a matter of time...
Patience is the kindest teacher.