Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Home Improvement #1: The Powder Room

I have no idea where my financial situation is headed. Maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel--or maybe the light is the oncoming train. One of my contingency plans is to sell my townhouse. C. offered her services to make a few improvements in lieu of rent when she came back to stay with me and go to school. However, City College is overwhelmed and she can't get the classes she needs, so she's going back to work on a boat in a month. Meanwhile, there's work to be done.
The powder room took a beating after the stupendous failure of my ingenious but misguided dog control device. I had the plaster and paint professionally redone right away, but ignored the wooden cabinet with its deep scratches....until now. C. is a meticulous painter, and the cabinet is renewed in glossy black (to match the black granite floors) with new hardware. Piper the reclusive cat still lives inside the cabinet.

No comments: