Friday, May 8, 2009

La Meme


I've been tagged by an excellent blogger, Elizabeth Aquino at http://elizabethaquino.blogspot.com  Her blog a moon worn as if it had been a shell is nothing short of remarkable.
This is one of those question things like they do on Facebook.  I'm supposed to answer them and then tag more people who will do the same etc.  I like the title of this one--La Meme is French and translates to "the same."  We are all more alike than we imagine, I think.  Plus, I guess La Meme  is also a brand of absinthe, which sounds really good to me right now.
Here goes:
What are your current obsessions?
The man I'm dating but very rarely see these days. The indelible mark that seems to have been left on me by my divorce.
Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
White silk pajamas
Last thing you bought?
2 wallets--for my mom and for her twin sister for mother's day
What are you listening to?
Birds singing & one of my dogs breathing deeply in her sleep
Favourite kid's film
Lady and the Tramp
Favourite Holiday Spots
southern Greece, anywhere in France, Rome, New York City,Cambria on the central coast of California
What are you reading right now?
I just finished Pope Brock's American Gothic and am about to start a book that mysteriously ended up in my stack--I think because someone (I can't remember who) said I had to read it.  It's called The Living End by Stanley Elkin.
Four words to describe me: 
moody, struggling, grateful,sad
Guilty pleasure?
kahlua in a glass of milk at bedtime
Who or what can make you laugh until you are weak?
So many things...I once could not get up out of my seat after a performance of Noises Off that I saw on Broadway.
First Spring thing?
I planted a lemon tree and a kumquat tree on my patio.
Planning to travel next?
Minnesota, Iowa & Greece--all in the month of May!
What do you wish for most?
Other than world peace, etc? My one true love.
Best thing you ate and drank recently?
A made to order tofu bowl from Whole Foods
When & with whom did you last eat dinner by candlelight?
3 days ago with my daughter and the elusive man I might still be dating.
Favourite ever film?
Cassablanca .
Care to share some wisdom?
Asking for help is very difficult, but sometimes necessary...and very, very...helpful.
If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
I would never ever think of my ex-husband again.
What's your motivation for starting another day?
My dogs have to be walked or they'll eat my couch and tip over the dining room chairs.
Rules of la meme:
Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag 8 people (I'm tagging only four)

I tag:

1 comment:

Jules said...

What an assignment! I better get to work!