Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bird of the Day

Let's start with yesterday's bird:


Staking out a nest in a dead palm tree, the hawk refused to budge while two ravens lost their minds circling round and round.

Today a turkey vulture and some gulls fought it out over a sea lion carcass on the sand. I'd never seen a turkey vulture on the beach before, but they are pretty unmistakable. I can't think of another bird that is more emblematic of death. Nature's dracula-winged clean-up crew.



Say what you want about spring. Renewal and rising from the dead, birds chirping, bunnies doing what bunnies do. Yes, go ahead and picture this:


It's there right outside my window. And it's part of the story. But Mother Nature likes to clean her house too. Now excuse me while I throw another load of bedding into the washing machine.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I have sheets washing as we speak and as I write this, I look up to see cardinals at the feeder.
So far apart, so much the same.

Elizabeth said...

Wow. That's some serious ornithology going on in Margaritaville.

Rahul Goyal said...

Thanks for nice sharing. You can also find best Iron and steel material at Laxmi Iron & Steel Industry. The main object of LAXMI IRON & STEEL INDUSTRIES is to provide best quality and cost effective Cast Iron & Steel. For more information about Cast Iron Industry & cast iron pulley Visit LaxmiInd.Com Today.