Thursday, October 2, 2008

Broken

The coffee date with bachelor #1 turned into dinner and a walk in Old Town.  It was fun.  A very nice man.  We share some common interests.  He's not pompous and didn't talk about himself for hours.  I went for connection....but not for fabricating something out of nothing.  I paid attention to what he was saying, doing; what I was thinking, what I was feeling, what I was doing.  The evening wasn't a bust.  But there was no bolt of lightening, not even a little buzz of electricity, really.  So much of love is just out there in that invisible surge, the gesture, the sound of a voice, the way you feel when your knees accidentally touch on a bus ride. That's online dating's missing piece.
When a friend I made in Greece and I were discussing love, he told me he was broken.  I said that at this stage of life, if we're not still married, we're all broken.  Hopefully, not beyond repair.

No comments: