Thursday, October 2, 2008

Shake that Money Maker

I have a financial consultant who, now that I'm about to become a fully enfranchised adult with a regular income, is helping me invest some money.  I want to be able to take care of my mother as she becomes more frail.  I want to give my son and his family a little boost that will help them buy a bigger house that has a guest room for me.  My daughters will take care of me someday when I'm old, but I want long term care insurance too, because probably by then they will have families of their own.  And who knows...maybe I want to continue my education. A masters degree at 57. Why not a PhD at 60? Of course, I already have a PhD in him.  I had no idea it would turn out to be worthless. But who knows? Maybe I'll thank him someday.
Meanwhile, I have meetings with the financial guy.  He brings me pastry and I make him a latte. He exlplains how the world of investing goes 'round and I get on board, hoping for the best.

1 comment:

Kath said...

Quite the cool blog. Pictures and everything. I am now a follower...wow.