Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday Morning Beach Report/ Saturday Night Street Report



Curtain of fog drawn tight around the islands. In front: sunshine, surfers, sail boats, and sea birds. People who've lived here their whole lives say they never get tired of it.

As for the streets tonight, there's no one out there as far as I can tell. Please, someone, open a tattoo parlor, a coffee house, and a night club here. I'm not going out there into deadsville tonight. The man who loves me is not on the train, so I'm heading to the couch for a trip to the virtual streets of Albuquerque on a Breaking Bad binge-watching marathon.

In other news, I got my hair cut today and found the neighborhood where I might someday live. A post-industrial live-work set up with a nearby vista to the beach that literally took my breath away. And it's walking distance to the sand too. What I see: yoga and t'ai chi chih studio. Me living upstairs.

Come visit.

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

It is good to have options/dreams.
Sounds lovely, Denise.

Allison said...

I would love to visit. Your vistas are just stunning.

My life so far said...

I would love to visit as well. Just saying:)

Elizabeth said...

Sounds fantastic. And I'm ashamed that I still haven't come to visit.