Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thank you for the birthday wishes on Facebook, by text, by phone, by email, by blog comment, in person, by telepathy, etc.

The day began with flowers. I was in the kitchen, first sip of my latté barely swallowed when M came in the door. The result was this.









And  breakfast was made--(not by me) eggs with chorizo and avocado and onions and toasted tortilla strips.


Then came the farmer's market where this happened.


And there was cake baking (not by me!!!) that started like this.


And there was a feast prepared (not by me!!!) Grilled shrimp, grilled asparagus, rice so embellished I'm not sure how to describe it.
And the serving of the most succulent gluten free carrot cake ever in the history of the world.



And afterwards, a duet sung by the daughters for which everyone was require to surrender their devices. ( M sang the Tom Wopat tenor while C sang the Bernadette Peters soprano from "Annie Get Your Gun.")

And utter loveliness ( I did have a bit of something to do with that.)

There was a quite literal ache (in a good way) in my heart all day.

Thank you.


3 comments:

My life so far said...

It sounds lovely and you have such a beautiful big smile on your face.

Ms. Moon said...

So much loveliness. And you are the loveliest of all!

Steph(anie) said...

Fan-freaking-tastic.

You are beautiful, lady.