Monday, July 14, 2014

The Guy with the Party Hat Cod-Piece



Dream:

He was married when I saw him last, but in the dream somehow we were together. 

The room was on an upper floor with a window that looked out over the rooftops. The bed, massive and old, was pushed alongside the window. My room, my bed. But we'd agreed to meet there. 

I bought a kimono for the occasion. Pink. Not usually my color. A muted pattern. I was trying it out to see how I'd look, tags dangling from the sleeves, when he entered. He'd ribbon-tied  a paper plate to his chest, and longer ribbons streamed from his neck, but it was the pointy party hat cod-piece that I couldn't take my eyes off of. 

This guy could be a lot of fun, I thought. Then I woke up.  

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Sounds sort of lovely. Was it?

Elizabeth said...

That's awesomely wack-a-doodle. I have no idea if it was horrifying or not -- how did you wake up?