Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Report from Pillville: the podiatrist, the ear nose and throat doctor, the pulmonologist, the vascular surgeon, the CT scans, and a 6 pound weight gain




I postponed my mom's doctor's appointments after Dan came to live with me at the beginning of May so we've been getting caught up.

The results:
My mom will never be happy with her foot doctor (she's on podiatrist # 3).
There's nothing wrong with her throat--except the tissue there gets drier as we age. Good to know, right?
Her body will probably keep producing smoker's phlegm (ugh, I hate to even type that word.) FOREVER. Unless she lives another 10 or 20 years--then her lungs might recover from her 70 years of smoking. I'm not ruling that out.
Her circulation in her legs and feet is pretty crappy, but not dangerously bad so no new vascular procedure for now.
She had the CT scans for a pain her her abdomen which seemed to be nothing and the pain went away.
She gained 6 pounds. Up from 99 to 105.
Me? I would like to never see the inside of a doctor's office again.
I would like...oh, nevermind. Just never fucking mind.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Join me in a news blackout. There will be some care-giving responsibilities still involved, but for the most part there will be drinking and eating.

Ms. Moon said...

I like Elizabeth's idea.

My life so far said...

What Elizabeth said!

Allison said...

I am there on the news blackout. It's good to know one can grill romaine. This is news I can use.

Vesuvius At Home said...

My parents are both smokers. It's so hard to understand. But let's not think about it, I guess, since there is alluring talk here of news blackouts and more grilled romaine. Which I must try.